Spring ‘23 Sports Recap

As the northeastern weather warms and the horizons of summer begin to show, the spring sports season draws to a close. This year’s spring sports season brought many notable school-wide athletic achievements.

Ultimate Frisbee:

The CRLS Ultimate Frisbee team concluded their season with an impressive 20-0 record, ending their regular season with a 9-5 win over Somerville High School. Senior member and Massachusetts State All-Star Kelton Aldridge aided Cambridge in 48 in-game completions and a mere two turnovers. The team won overall in their D2 season championship and continues to commemorate Aldridge in addition to senior  Elise Economou.

Baseball:

The Varsity Baseball season came to an eventful end in the first round of the D1 MIAA State Tournament. In the final matchup against Barnstable, the Falcons suffered a brutal defeat, 11-0. This loss came following a tight 3-2 win against Brookline High School to clinch a spot in the State tournament. The team concludes the school year with a 10-11 record.

The Boys’ Volleyball team dominated their season, easily qualifying for the MIAA State Tournament.

Boys Volleyball:

The Boys’ Volleyball team dominated their season, easily qualifying for the MIAA State Tournament. The team’s first matchup against Springfield Central High School resulted in a blowout 3-0 win, followed by a victory over Lexington High School  3-2. The team’s run ended in a 3-1 loss to Needham high school, the reigning state champs. Team members Isaac Wedaman, Leo Rothenberg, Henry Bonney, and Tashi Mulug-Labrang received DCL All-Star recognition.

Girls Lacrosse:

Cambridge Girls Lacrosse head coach, Amory Rowe Salem was named DCL Girls Lacrosse Coach of the Year. Coach Rowe, a former Princeton lacrosse athlete and eventual USA women’s lacrosse team member began coaching just this season, leading the Falcons through a difficult season. Despite the team’s closing record of 5-15, the team ended the season with a bang; a 10-9 win over Watertown High. Girls Lacrosse celebrates seniors Kalista Godsmans and Ellie Harmon.

Boys Lacrosse:

The Falcons’ Varsity Boys Lacrosse team closed off their regular season with a 16-4 loss against Brookline High School, this game just following a hefty 25-4 victory over Revere High. The team ends the spring ‘23 season with a final record of 3-13 and recognizes senior team members Jack Toner, Adrian Lax, Ben Berinsky, and Fionn Mcgowen.

Boys Tennis:

The CRLS Boys’ Tennis team, despite a successful season with an ending record of 8-9, concluded their season with a heartbreaking 1-4 loss against Lincoln Sudbury Regional High School, a first-round elimination from the MIAA State Tournament. The team celebrates seniors Derek Price, Sheil Urankar, Evan Garvey, Nick & Teddy Holleran. 

Girls Tennis:

The Falcons’ Girls’ Tennis team finished off their season in a round of thirty-two against Newton South in the MIAA Tournament. Just prior the team beat Medford in their first tournament matchup in a 4-1 victory. Girl’s Tennis wraps up their season with a final record of 6-12. The team celebrates seniors Nazma Khalifa and Thea Loh.