Advice To Freshmen

Julia Shaw, Contributing Writer

1. Stop in the middle of the hallway to talk to all your friends! That’s what passing periods are for, right?

2. Make sure you wear fancy clothes to school every day. People will respect you more if you’re wearing a suit and tie.

3. Request anyone with “CRLS” in their bio on Instagram! It’s the best way to become friends with upperclassmen.

4. When studying for tests, wait until the night before to start. It ensures all the information is fresh in your mind!

5. The best way to engage in school spirit is to go to every single football game. Our team is incredibly talented, so you won’t want to miss the away games, either. Wear school merch the day of, and don’t be afraid to go all out!

6. The best way to become close with your teachers is to ask them about their personal lives. Stay at least ten minutes after class every day to talk to them! Another way to establish a good student-teacher relationship is to refer to your teachers by their first names, even if they asked you not to.

7. Try speaking in a British accent in class. People will think you are cool and cultured and you will instantly make friends.

8. Trying to bring up the energy in the halls? Bring a Bluetooth speaker and play your favorite music! Teachers and students alike love to sing along.

This piece also appears in our September 2021 print edition.